Signage, fixtures, mirrors and more. So much goes into the decor of a retail space. Décor-buying experience, looking at store drawings and being able to make sense of them is a big plus. The client is a national retail chain and in this competitive market first impressions are paramount.
The Buyer will be focused on the following:
• Working with suppliers and internal stakeholders to make sound buying decisions which drive SLA’s and high customer satisfaction.
• Manage margins on procurement to ensure that we meet and exceed company and client’s expectations regarding cost savings and profitability.
• Providing timely and accurate estimating service that meets SLA and delights the customer
• Supporting the achievement of productivity improvements through managing buying decisions which drive innovation in and consolidation of buy. The ultimate outcome is increased client value and enhanced margin. Collaborate with the team on new and innovative ways to provide improved business services and transformation of the supply chain when new clients are on-boarded.
Managing projects of varying size and scope, the buyer will follow procurement guidelines to ensure fair treatment of suppliers as outlined in company policies and procedures. The buyer will work within the guidelines of the service level agreements and operating procedures to support various customers.
- Receive briefs, requirements and specifications from the customer and/or Account Management team and develop refined specifications for estimating to Third Party suppliers
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and third party suppliers
- Identify and develop opportunities for cost and process savings with account team, internal suppliers, and third party suppliers
- Validate specifications with internal account team, internal and third party suppliers
- Combine company and Third Party supplier information to provide accurate costs,pricing, timing and delivery schedules
- Ability to challenge and make recommendations for optimal printing and cost saving efficiencies
- Engage with appropriate internal and third party suppliers who have the capabilities to provide the work as specified
- Follow company Guidelines on Purchasing, Ethics and Code of Conduct.
- Support reporting and tracking information required by the account team to meet client expectations.
• Print Industry experience with both production and purchasing
• In depth knowledge of print production including specialist areas
• Familiar with workflow and estimating software
• Strong purchasing skills; industry accreditation such as PMAC
• Strong IT skills and an ability to use existing and new technologies
• Ability to prioritize and ensure logical execution of tasks
• Attention to detail
• Recognizing and communicating key information
• Able to travel up to 25% of the time
Must have vast knowledge in using Excel
This is an open-ended contract. May go permanent in time.
What a fun job. What a great company. What a wonderful opportunity.
To apply send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org today.