Our client, a major manufacturer of electrical wire and cable is currently recruiting for a Product Specialist. Reporting to the Product Manager, the Product Specialist is responsible for responding to quote requests from domestic sales regions in an accurate and timely fashion and providing pricing, product and marketing analysis for the Manager. This position has external contact with customers and internal contact with inside sales, outside sales and technical support
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES
· Prepares and responds to quotations for the product portfolio. Enters information on HFA.
· Analyzes competitor pricing strategy, market dynamics and recommends market and pricing positioning for products.
· Analyzes product profitability, product cost breakdown.
· Provides technical and commercial support to sales regions.
· Prepares sales forecasts and comprehensive monthly performance reports.
· Maintains industry competitive profiles.
· Maintains awareness of market shifts and new product introduction.
· Co-ordinates the cost/engineering/manufacturing information required for quotations.
· Mans tradeshow booths.
· Tracks orders and follows up on quotations and service and/or delivery problems.
· Resolves customer complaints on products or service as required.
· Reviews inventory levels to customer forecasts and initiates actions as required.
· Monitors levels for contract service and spot orders.
· Responds timely to general inquiries and submitting quotations within company guidelines.
· Prepares reports and performs other duties as required.
· Initiates customer contact and develops effective customer relations through telephone contact and visits with customers, including distributors, consultants, utilities and OEM accounts.
Product range: Industrial, Communication, Utility
Annual sales volume: $185 million
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Engineering, electrical preferred.
2 years experience in marketing/sales in the electrical industry; knowledge of product.
Strong computer skills – Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, etc.
Able to problem solve and perform detailed analysis.
Detailed and accurate with good organisational and analytical skills.
Effective communication skills.
Ability to effectively co-ordinate quotation process with product engineering and sales, manufacturing, finance.
To apply, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, cable, marketing, product specialist, wire & cable